There are many tips and tricks you can use to save money on your wireless bill. Here are just a few that we have compiled and used successfully over the years:
- – Coupons are your friend. Coupons will save you money. Be sure to use coupons. When you wake up in the morning, stand in front of your bathroom mirror and repeat those words until they are ingrained in your subconscious memory. Using Straight Talk Coupons, you can and will cut down your wireless bill tremendously.
– Monitor your monthly bandwidth usage. Take advantage of the online account management systems offered by Straight Talk and other wireless carriers and monitor that usage so there are no surprise charges at the end of the month.
– Use WiFi whenever and wherever you can. If you have a husband or wife or boyfriend/girlfriend who has unlimited bandwith on their mobile device, you can configure it to run as a WiFi hotspot and your Straight Talk phone can connect to the internet via their connection. This cuts down on the monthly bandwidth usage tremendously.
– Did we mention you need to use coupons? If not, please let this line item serve as a reminder to use Straight Talk coupons wherever you can in order to save money.
– Turn off your cell phone if you’re not expecting a phone call. This may seem like a no-brainer, but if you want to save time and money, turn it off. This assumes you have another device that can receive and make phone calls. Don’t let redundancy cost you more money at the end of the month.
– No contracts. Being that Straight Talk does not have any contracts, you can use this to your advantage. There are new MVNO’s emerging onto the market on a yearly basis. Some of them offer introductory discounts which can lead to hundreds of dollars in savings.
– Project Fi might be the big winner in 2016. We’re not making any claims yet, but keep a close eye on the offerings of Project Fi. They might just beat out Straight Talk in terms of deals and promos offered.
– Do not download unnecessary apps. For the apps that you do have on your cell phone be sure that they are not running when you do not want them to run. Many apps connect to the internet (via your mobile network) in order to self update and download and transmit additional information. Over the course of a month, this can add up to several gigs of bandwidth usage that you were not aware of.
– Some carriers like Tmobile allow you to watch videos for free. Sling TV is one of those services. You can cut the cable t.v. cord and using your Tmobile device, essentially watch t.v. for free at home. There are also cables you can buy for your Android and iPhone devices which will allow you to mirror the screen image onto your television. This again can save you a lot of money by you not having to pay an additional cable bill at the end of the month.
These are just some tips on how you can save even more money. I know we sound like a broken record, but be sure to use coupons as much as you possibly can. This is how I saved well over $5,000 in 2015 on my wireless bills. I took advantage of the various promotional codes and discounts offered by Straight Talk Wireless and you should too.